The MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology is hiring a group leader to direct an internationally competitive research programme within the Neurobiology Division relevant to the Laboratory of Molecular Biology’s (LMB) research portfolio, drawing on the collaborative inputs and team-working of other colleagues both within and outside MRC.
- To develop and lead a programme of research with a strong focus on the molecular mechanisms that underpin neuronal function in health and/or disease (especially neurodegenerative conditions).
- Within this, to develop and apply appropriate cutting-edge molecular approaches, such as light and/or electron microscopic imaging and associated analytical procedures, that facilitates the exploration of normal and/or disease-relevant neuronal functions and molecular structures.
- To recruit and supervise a small team of PhD Students and Postdoctoral Fellows.
- To complete research projects in a timely manner and publish the results in leading scientific journals.
- To present the results of the research at national and international conferences.
- To contribute to LMB-wide activities relating to organisation of scientific activities and technological infrastructure.
- To contribute to scientific progress in the field as a whole by, for example, membership of expert committees, editing specialist journals, refereeing funding applications.
- To contribute to the MRC’s engagement with the public and to other public communications initiatives.
- To ensure that any intellectual property is protected and, where possible, translating the results of research into useful new approaches or treatments that improve human health.
Employer: MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Location: Cambridge, England
Degree required: PhD
Job posted: February 21st, 2019