Welcome to the ALS Research Forum (the “Site,” which includes all pages within the http://www.alsresearchforum.org/ website) a website owned by Prize4Life (“P4L”) and The ALS Association (“ALSA”), both non-profit 501c(3) organizations.
Use of Site Content
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the following applies to all content on the Site, with the exception of content owned by the BRF or attributed to Alzforum:
- All content is owned by P4L and ALSA. P4L and ALSA reserve all right and title to all original and copyrightable materials on the site of which we are the author or for which we have otherwise obtained title, including but not limited to the text, design, manuals, information, content, graphics, images, pictures, sound and other files, and the selection, compilation and arrangement thereof in its collective sense.
- You will not copy, modify, redistribute, translate, prepare derivative works from, sell, license, or attempt to derive source code from any of our software, content or documentation, without our prior written consent. Reprinting or any other public display of our original content without express written permission is prohibited.
- You may not remove or obscure the copyright notice or any other notices contained in the site or in anything retrieved or downloaded from it.
- The names, trademarks, and design marks (including logos) used on this site are the property of the P4L and ALSA or its affiliates, licensors or third-party content providers, and you will not use any such name or mark in any advertising or publicity, without the prior written consent of the owner of any such name or mark.
We welcome requests for additional permissions to reuse site content. To obtain such permissions, please contact the Editor at alsresearchforum@Prize4life.org.
Use of Third-Party Content
If you believe that any content on the Site infringes your copyrights, please notify us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Prize4Life, Inc. PO Box 5755, Berkeley, CA 94705, and we will make reasonable efforts to review and investigate the issue.
The Site includes and may in the future add features that support and publish User-Generated Content, in the form of comments on posted material and Site-hosted discussion forums or bulletin boards that registered members can participate in.
By accessing the Site, you agree that you will not make use of these features:
- To make comments that are threatening, knowingly false, or unlawful; to use foul language; or to engage in personal attacks;
- To impersonate any person or entity or create a false identity on the Site;
- To disseminate or transmit “spam,” unsolicited messages, chain letters, advertisements, solicitations, or other unsolicited commercial communications, including (but not limited to) communications describing investment opportunities;
- To bomb forums or other parts of the Site with repetitive, pointless posts;
- To post pornographic or otherwise objectionable material;
- To discuss illegal activity, or posting links to other websites that deal with such activity;
- To post content that breaches another member’s privacy (i.e., containing phone numbers, address or other personal information);
- To post material that infringes a copyright, trademark or patent right, trade secret or other legal right of any person, including P4L and ALSA; and
- To disseminate or transmit viruses, Trojan horses, worms, malware, spyware, or other items of a destructive nature or any other malicious code or program.
By submitting User-Generated Content for publication on the Site, you grant P4L and ALSA a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, and distribute said content on the Site.
You understand and agree that P4L and ALSA monitor User-Generated Content on the Site. However, although P4L and ALSA will be reviewing and monitoring User-Generated Content, it is impossible for us to confirm the validity of all information posted. In addition, we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message or posting, and are not responsible for the contents of any message or posting.
You also understand and agree that such monitoring may include the recording and archiving of dialogue in discussion forums; and that P4L and ALSA reserves the right to modify, edit, or remove any of said content at its discretion, without notice, and for any reason. However, P4L and ALSA assumes no responsibility for monitoring, modifying, or removing the User-Generated Content on this Site.
You further understand and agree that the views and opinions expressed by other users on the Site are theirs alone and should not be ascribed to P4L or ALSA. User-Generated Content and Third-Party Content are the sole responsibility of the users and third parties, and their accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed by P4L or ALSA.
Deleting Posts and Comments
Any user who feels that a posted message or other User-Generated Content is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email at email@example.com. We have the ability to remove any messages that we deem inappropriate, disruptive or objectionable, if we determine in our sole discretion that removal is necessary.
Prohibited Uses of the Site
You agree not to access or use the Site in any manner that could damage or overburden any ALS Research Forum server, or any network connected to any ALS Research Forum server. You further agree that you will not use the Site in any manner that would interfere with any other party’s use of the Site.
Registration, Privacy, and Termination of Access
Certain areas of the Site may require registration or may otherwise ask you to provide information in order to participate. The decision to provide this information is optional; however, if you elect not to provide such information, you may not be able to access certain content or features.
Disclaimer of Warranty/ Limitation of Liability
You agree that your use of the Site shall be at your own sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by the law, P4L and ALSA disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Site and your use thereof. P4L and ALSA make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Site’s content (including User-Generated Content and Third-Party Content) or the content of any websites linked to this Site and assumes no liability or responsibility for any (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies in content; (2) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Site; (3) any unauthorized access to or use of the ALS Research Forum servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein; (4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Site; (5) any viruses, Trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Site by any third party; and/or (6) any errors or omissions in any content or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Site. You assume all risk as to the quality, function, and performance of the Site, and to all transactions you undertake on the Site, including without limitation submission of any User-Generated Content.
You agree that P4L and ALSA will not be liable to you for any loss or damages, either actual or consequential, arising out of or relating to these terms, or your (or any third party’s) use or inability to use the Site, or your placement of User-Generated Content on the Site, or your reliance upon information obtained from or through the Site. In particular, P4L and ALSA will have no liability for any consequential, indirect, punitive, special or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable (including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of data, or interruption in availability of data), arising out of or relating to these terms, your use or inability to use a site, your placement of content on a site, or your reliance upon information obtained from or through a site, whether based in contract, tort, statutory or other law, except only in the case of death or personal injury where and only to the extent that applicable law requires such liability.
Specific Disclaimer of Medical Advice
Without limiting the foregoing, you understand and agree that your use of the Site and its content, including User-Generated and Third-Party Content, is at your own sole risk, and that the ALS Research Forum does not provide medical advice. The Site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek advice from a qualified physician or health care professional about any medical concern, and do not disregard professional medical advice because of anything you may read on the Site. The views of individuals quoted or posted on this Site are not necessarily those of P4L or ALSA. P4L or ALSA do not endorse any company or product mentioned on the Site, and listing on the Site is not linked to corporate sponsorship nor does it imply any endorsement by P4L or ALSA.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Your use of this Site, and any related legal action, shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to conflict of laws principles. The sole jurisdiction and venue for any litigation arising out of your use of or inquiries to the Site shall be an appropriate federal or state court located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Use of the Site by Minors
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 18. By using our Site, you represent that you are age 18 or over.
Contacting This Website
Effective Date of Agreement